Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sometimes Getting Started is the Hardest Part

I think Kristin and I actually began thinking about blogging at the same time. A few months and 87 or so entries later I was still thinking about blogging while she had become a seasoned pro.

Initially, I was thinking I’d create my own blog complete with a niche and unique look. But, then I reconsidered. There are only 24 hours in a day the last time I checked, and I don’t have much high-energy time left over after I’m done with all my commitments each day. So, I’ve decided to work together with Kristin on something that started out as a simple blog, but will become our life story for future generations of our family.

Time for me to get off the dime and start making some contributions. This is my starting point.

As an aside, I seem to have lots of ideas these days. However, I’ve found that simply getting started, for a number of different reasons, is a real challenge for me. One reason is that I tend to psyche myself out by thinking that something has to be just right on day one. I can write more on that subject later.

For now, it’s good to say, “Hello, Blogosphere.”

Brian Signature copy

3 comments:

  1. Brian,

    I'm so excited to read what you post!

    Happy Birthday!

    See you in a week!

    (This is why I don't blog much. It would be a string of random thoughts. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, well. It's so good to hear from you.
    I can't wait to hear your perspective on your crazy lives.
    Be sure to say wacky things about those neighbors across the street. That always makes good reading on MY blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be very interesting to me-looking forward to see what you talk about. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete