Monday, August 3, 2009

"Why" by Rascal Flatts

If you've ever lost someone to suicide, the new Rascal Flatts' album, Unstoppable, has a song that will touch your heart.  It's called Why and it's worth the $1.29 download from itunes.  

You must have been in a place so dark 
You couldn't feel the light
Reaching for you through that stormy cloud 
Now here we are gathered in our little home town
This can't be the way you meant to draw a crowd

Oh, why? That's what I keep asking 
Was there anything I could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking a troubled soul 
God only knows what went wrong 
and why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song

Now in my mind I'll keep you frozen as a 17 year old
Rounding third to score the winning run
You always played with passion no matter what the game
When you took the stage you shined just like the sun 

Oh why? That's what I keep asking 
Was there anything I could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking a troubled soul 
Oh God only knows what went wrong 
and why you would leave the stage in the middle of a song

Now the oak trees are swaying in the early autumn breeze 
The golden sun is shining on my face
In tangled thoughts I hear the mocking bird sing 
"this old world really ain't that bad a place"

Oh, why? There's no comprehending and who am I to try judge or explain?
But I do have one burning question 
Who told you life wasn't worth the fight? 
They were wrong 
They lied 
Now your gone and we cry 

It's just not like you to walk away in the middle of a song 
Your beautiful song 
Your absolutely beautiful song



Photobucket


1 comment: