Sunday, August 2, 2009

Make Each Day Your Masterpiece

I have so many stories to tell, so many pictures to share and I'm so far behind I don't know where to start. Pics of Spain, the beach, Little Rock, Chase's "Just Because" party, swim lessons, a date with Grandaddy, "box day", 20th reunion, and a few deep thoughts about marriage, forgiveness and first loves.

I'll just be lame and show the new wall I created in the basement. Believe it or not, the new bedding necessitated rearranging some furniture from downstairs, which left a giant wall empty. For a brief moment, I thought about using chalk paint on the bottom half, but I swore off painting after I primed and painted all the trim, including baseboards, in the entire basement when I was six months pregnant with Ava. (Count 'em, we have no fewer than 8 doors down there, three of them double, sliding doors!) Besides, the super cool train table that their Grandpa built has a flip-top that turns into a chalk table. And, I wanted something I could easily change to suit the season of our lives.

Here's how it turned out:


The black circles are Chalk Dots from Target.  (Does anyone else get excited about this stuff?) I used the excess trim on the square as a little visual interest and added each of the kids' initials, so there'd be no arguing over whose is whose.  The best part is they are repositionable!  The wording above is not, but it is removable without hurting the paint.  There's a whole slew of different sayings at Hobby Lobby.

Having kids has sparked more creativity than I ever would've given myself credit for.  They are my inspiration.  What's yours?


Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I love it! I wish our walls weren't textured so that I could do something cool in the kids' rooms!! Jacob dreams of having a Fathead of Derek Jeter in his room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love that saying with it. You're a good momma.

    ReplyDelete