Monday, April 21, 2008

Perfection

Ok, so perfection comes in all shapes and sizes.  I may not have the perfect blog design yet (it's coming!)  But I think I may have had the perfect day.  


Nope, the laundry didn't get finished.  (Well, it's clean and dry and folded...just not put away.)  I didn't exactly prepare three meals.  I gave permission for cereal fixin's for breakfast; errands around lunchtime turned into sandwiches from a deli; and so much fun in the sunshine turned into cottage cheese and sliced pears for supper while Daddy set up the croquet set outside.  I did empty the dishwasher once, but never reloaded it.  


I took the first step in getting a summer Bible study group together.  Returned books to the library.  Took my Grandad for bloodwork (don't ask).  Read a couple pages of a great book.  Oh, and I even paid the bills.  Like a page out of the 50s, I even had a sweet friend chat with me on the front porch watching our kids play in the front yard while the sun went down.

I don't think I put away one toy.  All day. (That may be a first.)

Here's the thing:  I don't feel bad about the unfinished laundry, messy kitchen or the dozens, perhaps, hundreds, of toys strewn all over the floor.  I got to spend time with my Grandad, swing my kids on the swingset. No one needed discipline for this one precious day.  Nothing spectacular.   But darn near perfect.


Oh....and for the record:  I have five unmatched socks from today's laundry alone.


Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day indeed. :) Especially the friend on the porch part. :)

    I'm SOOO glad you're here in the bloggy world and SOOOO glad I found you even though you're trying to hide. :)

    ReplyDelete